There were a few parts to this magnificent masterpiece, and I’ll lay them out in the way that I made everything.
One box of brownies, made according to the box (or if you’re lazy enough I guess you could buy some pre-made from the store…or if you’re creative enough make them from scratch. I used Pilsbury Brownies)
2 TBSP butter
1 TBSP sugar
1/2 pecan halves
1 TBSP cinnamon
- Melt the butter
- add the rest
- stir til the sugar isn’t grainy any longer, about five minutes
- pour onto foil and let it cool while you do the rest of the stuff.
1 1/2 c crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 cookies, I used Nilla)
6 TBSP powdered sugar
6 TBSP cocoa powder
1 stick butter, melted.
- Crush the cookies
- Add the sugar and cocoa and mix
- Add the melted butter and continue to mix
- Press into your pan, after spraying with a non-stick cooking spray
- Bake for about 8 minutes at 350F and then cool.
(giving the full recipe, but I cut it in half because I only had one pie pan…and then I neglected to cut the crust recipe in half, but it seemed to cover my one pan very well…..so I suggest doubling the crust recipe if you intend on making two pies)
4 (8 oz) packages cream cheese at room temperature (or you can microwave it for about 30 seconds to speed up this process. just make sure you take off the foil wrapper, of course)
1 c sugar
1 TSP vanilla
Chocolate and Caramel ice cream syrup
- Beat softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- Gradually add the eggs one by one and mix well
- Pour batter into the cooled crust.
- Cube up or break apart pieces of the brownie and sprinkle them into the batter, pushing them under the surface.
- Drizzle the syrups over the batter and swirl to your desire. I did a checker pattern and then swirled a spiral starting in the middle.
- Bake 50-55 minutes at 350F
- At the last 10-5 minutes take the cheesecake out and drop your pecans on top, then put it back in the oven.
- Cool and refrigerate
Voila! You have yourself a Tumblr Brownie Turtle Cheesecake Sundae. Yum!